…two-plus years, specifically….
I’m reviving this site. I’ve wanted to bring back this blog for a long time now, but with balancing photography and either Chipotle or my other work, it’s been a little much.
It’s been a pretty amazing two years. Let’s see if I can summarize quickly:
- Worked for Chipotle for about a year and a half during one of the most difficult times in the company’s history. Ultimately was a casualty of their business downturn — they call it “restructuring” in corporations — and parted ways a year ago.
- Leaned into Shane & Alli Photography in a big way. The business is doing really well and continues to be a lot of fun for Alli and me.
- Spent most of 2017 working for a nonprofit, leading their marketing, community fundraising and annual giving efforts. More “restructuring.”
- Traveled to some really amazing countries — Iceland, Ireland, Czech Republic. I’ll come back to those in a future post.
- Adopted two dogs after Dreyfuss passed away. Named them Buzz and Woody.
- Turned 40.
- And 41.
The blog just became kind of secondary to all the other social media things that were going on. I pointed this domain to my Tumblr for a while because I at least was pushing my Instagram posts there…
I’ve been thinking about starting a new movie blog during my “involuntary sabbatical.”
Here’s what I’m thinking: (thread)
— Shane Adams (@shaneadams) December 30, 2017
Over the holidays, I had this idea to start a movie blog that took a slightly different approach. Then I thought to myself, “I can’t even blog on my own site, what makes me think I could do a movie blog?” So a few days ago, I dusted off the SQL database for this blog, installed a fresh WordPress instance and voila! Here we are.
Let’s see if it sticks.