I’ve spent the last 10 days on vacation. A much needed one. When you’re dealing with agencies on a large-scale project that requires virtually all of your time, it’s good to take a break when they do.
So I spent my Christmas vacation sleeping, catching up on movies and generally laying about while I wasn’t eating.
And man, did I ever eat. Three amazing dinners to celebrate my birthday â€” one at Trezo Vino, one at J. Gilbert and one at Blanc Burger. Great meals all, but my waistline is definitely worse for the wear.
My birthday and Christmas were terrific: I got everything I really wanted (except more storage for my computer…I’ll just buy that myself), including two new rad pair of sneakers and a new leather messenger bag for work (it makes me feel totally grown up).
And now, it’s officially 2012. Resolutions suck, but it’s a great time to start anew and set new goals for the year. So here are mine:
- I’m getting back onto Weight Watchers for real. We had some great success with it last year, but I stopped counting points and really lost my way. No more messing around. I’ve got 50 pounds to get to my goal weight. I’m aiming for getting there by the end of the year. Ideally, I’d like to be there by summer, but I want to be realistic too.
- I’ve got two big website launches this year. I want them both to go well.
- I want to find some sense of purpose for this site. Whether it’s WordPress or Tumblr or whatever…I want to post more and have more clarity in my posts.
- I obviously want to improve my work/life balance…whatever that might mean.
- I want to go on another adventure with Alli. It’s been too long since our Italian adventure. It’s time for another.
- Drink more water.
- I’d like to take another crack at reading 25 books this year. It’s been 5 years since I last did it. Look for an upcoming post with the books I intend to read this year.
- Keep being awesome.
Now that they’re written down, I have to stick to them, right? Isn’t that the point of stuff like this? What do you plan to do this year?