Every so often, I have to re-evaluate the blog and its purpose. Lately, I haven’t been feeling all that bloggy lately. Perhaps it’s my effort to scale back my responsibilities in life since I tend to take on too much. I’m freelancing less, I’ve been to church 2 times in the last 6 weeks and I’m figuring out that the word ‘No’ can be extremely liberating.
Still, there’s plenty going on in my life so I’ll give a quick rundown…
- I’ve discovered that I like my oatmeal a lot more if you add some sliced strawberries.
- Summer means it’s time for So You Think You Can Dance. This group is more talented than any other season, but in my opinion, the contest is Will and everyone else. That guy is amazing.
- Alli and I are going to a spiritual life workshop at the end of the month. I’m really excited because it’s at our alma mater. I’m kind of excited to spend some time up there (although it will be ridiculously hot).
- I am officiating over my first marriage a week from this Saturday. I’m so excited to be a part of this union. It’s one I believe in very much and I’m thrilled they chose me to officiate.
- Alli’s business is going really well. She’s had some great jobs this summer, including one that involved painting all the planets in the atrium of an elementary school.Â
- Speaking of Alli, we bought her her very first bicycle in her life last weekend. I dusted my 10-year-old Raleigh off and we went for about a 4-mile ride the first time out. She’s really doing well for having never owned a bike before.
- I’m helping my brother build a dog house on Saturday.Â
- I’ve yet to find a coffee you can purchase in a store that is better than Starbucks Pike Place Roast.
So that’s about it. I hope this blog finds you well. Not really, but it’s all I have time for this morning.