- I need to see The Hurt Locker. I’ve got the Redbox DVD, but haven’t had time to watch it yet.
- Is UP the first picture to be nominated for Best Picture and Best Animated Picture? I’m assuming so, but not sure.
- No big surprises for the acting nominations except perhaps
- Really want to see An Education, especially since Nick Hornby (one of my favorite authors) wrote the screenplay
There are lots of opinions on what’s good and what’s not, but here are the certainties (at least in my mind):
- The acting awards will go to Bridges, Bullock, Waltz, Mo’Nique
- Up in the Air will win Best Adapted Screenplay
- Inglorious Basterds will win Best Original Screenplay
- Avatar will win all the technical awards
All the rest of the major awards are kind of a crap shoot. Momentum seems to be favoring The Hurt Locker right now, but Avatar or even Tarantino’s Basterds could come out of nowhere to win. It’s anyone’s guess right now.
What do you think?