I lifted this from Average Jane, who lifted it from someone else (who I’m sure lifted it from someone else). Still, it’s awesome and given how much I like movies, I thought it would be fun for a Friday. Here are the rules of the meme:
- Pick 15 of your favorite movies.
- Go to IMDB and find a quote from each movie.
- Post them on your blog for everyone to guess.
- Fill in the film title once it’s been guessed.
These are the rules, people!
- Leave guesses in the comments.
- No Googling or using IMDB search functions. Don’t cheat, suckas!
- Know-it-alls, limit your guesses to three movies. Save some for others! Jake and Alli, you only get 1 each. Make it count.
On to the quotes!
- “If the professor asks, tell him sorry, I had to go see about a girl.” (Good Will Hunting, Emaw)
- “It means fasten your seat belt Dorothy, ’cause Kansas is going bye-bye.” (The Matrix, Nuke)
- “Could I borrow your towel? My car just hit a water buffalo.” (Fletch, Emaw)
- “The only true currency in this bankrupt world if what we share with someone else when we’re uncool.” (Almost Famous, Shea)
- “I don’t want to lose heart. I want to believe as he does.” (Braveheart, Jake)
- “Which came first, the music or the misery?” (High Fidelity, Jake)
- “Get in there, you big furry oaf! I don’t care what you smell!” (Star Wars, Average Jane)
- “We’re in the middle of a revolution Jude. And what are you doing? Doodles and cartoons?” (Across the Universe, Bea)
- “The greatest thing you’ll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return.” (Moulin Rouge!, Alli)
- “I just know, before this is over, I’m gonna need a whole lot of serious therapy. Look at my eye twitchin’.” (Shrek, The D)
- “Know why you hate me so much Jeffrey? Because I look the way you feel.” (With Honors, Kelly)
- “What we do in life echoes in eternity.” (Gladiator, Chimpotle)
- “Are we like couples you see in restaurants? Are we the dining dead?” (Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, Alli)
- “Lightning. Fire. Power of God or something.” (Raiders of the Lost Ark, Average Jane)
- “I don’t know about the cat, but I sure am enjoyin’ it.” (Christmas Vacation, Steve)
- (Bonus added because I can’t believe I forgot it…it was in our wedding) “I will have poetry in my life. And adventure. And love. Love above all. No… not the artful postures of love, not playful and poetical games of love for the amusement of an evening, but love that… over-throws life. Unbiddable, ungovernable – like a riot in the heart, and nothing to be done, come ruin or rapture. Love – like there has never been in a play.” (Shakespeare in Love, Shea)