Welcome to my blog. Lately I’ve been inspired to write. No particular reason other than I don’t do it much anymore and I need to keep my skills sharp. “Like bowhunting skills, computer hacking skills…girls like guys who have great skills…”
Seeing as this is my first post, I thought I would tell you a bit about myself.
I’m Shane. I’m from Kansas. I do not live on a farm. I live in the metropolitan Kansas City area where I am a graphic designer for a software company. My wife and I have been married for 4 years and live in a house with our dog, Dreyfuss.
I’ve lived in the Kansas City area nearly all my life, save a few years when I lived in Iowa while I went to school at the glorious Graceland College (now University) in the booming metropolis of Lamoni. While there, I engaged in the normal, college-like activities, I played volleyball, worked at a pizza place, wrote for the newspaper – The Tower – and met my wife.
Things I like:
- hanging with my wife and dog
- music (I really really like my iPod + iTunes)
- chipotle burritos
- the TV show “Alias” – the best show EVER
- apple computers
- most EA Sports video games for PS2
- poker (only recently really, but I like it a lot)
- reading (but only sometimes)
- Mountain Dew (most forms, though I have yet to try the new black kind)
- The Chiefs
Things I dislike:
- people who drive with their lights on during the day
- temperatures over 85 degrees
- people who don’t vote because “one vote doesn’t make a difference”
- pants other than jeans
- old navy t-shirts (they are too short for my long torso)
- the general refusal of PC users to accept the Firewire interface, favoring USB (for some god-forsaken reason) over it
I’m a generally happy guy. But I’m opinionated and when I think a certain way…I’ll tell you. Just FYI.